Saturday, July 4, 2009

this and that


Lovin' the long weekend!

Started by having coffee at the local coffee house with my hubby! We finally were able to sit down for about an hour and just talk about this and that! Our lives have been so busy lately that it seems like we are strangers living in the same house. So we enjoyed out time together and got some much awaited business taken care of! Then we headed to our community garden to water our plot. I would take a picture of it, but it is pretty bad this year. With 3 kids in baseball Bill did not get it put in until late, then he did from seed (thought he would save us some money by not buying plants from a greenhouse) BIG MISTAKE! I told him it would take forever to grow the plants that way. He did start some inside out house in April, but did not care for them enough and they all died! So our garden is slowing growing, maybe in late September I will see some peppers and snap peas!

Then we had to run and get my van from the shop. In case I did not mention in an earlier post everything around me is breaking. When I got Alex home from the hospital the computer had a virus (turns out it had over 3000 viruses!) so it was at a friends getting fixed. Then that night my air conditioner stopped working. It was broke for about a week, of course it was the hottest week of the summer (that couldn't of happened when I was at the hospital?). Then my van started acting up! So we got that into the shop. Finally all 3 were fixed and life was getting back to normal.... or so I thought! The air conditioner acted up again and we had to get them back out here to check it out AGAIN. Then my van was not fixed after paying a TON of money for repairs. We decided the problem was bigger than originally thought so we took it to a Honda dealership and they got it working right... luckily it was all done under warranty! At least my computer has not had a problem since... so far! Oh ya, let's not forget my bodily injuries! Even I am broke!


I decided to take up jogging. Well this is something I have been wanting to do for a long time. On and off I have been trying to get in the habit of running. My goal is to run a 5K. So over labor day weekend Canal has a 5K that benefits the Relay For Life so this year I am determined to run it. The other night I headed out for an evening run. I expected to do a half mile jog then walk the other 2. Well I did not even make it to the end of my street when I felt my hip go. I had this injury in the spring and it took about a month to get rid of it. It is a pain in my upper pelvis/hip area. When I run it kills! It just hurts when I walk. So after doing research on it I learned that I have to take it easy for a few weeks and let it heal. Then try stretching more before I jog. I really wonder if I will ever be able to jog... I may have to stick to walking. Sorry Erika, my 5K jogging partner!

Well, I am off to enjoy some July 4th activities. We are getting together with another family with 4 kids to have a shaving creme fight and water wars. Then we will have a cookout and head up to our church to watch some fireworks. Sounds like a good day!


Here are some pics of Father's day at my brother's house. My sister in law was in town from Colorado with my niece and nephew. It was a wonderful day with my family! I am blessed!
My dad with his grandchildren and Mike and I. What a good looking group!
My dad holding his newest grandson, Tyson.
Sorry for the blurry pic but still a good one of Kathy and Ty!
Alex, Morgan and Ty

Zachary the baseball/football player! He is just a riot! This is what he wears to all of Kyles games. What is amazing is that he is only 2 and can throw the ball with tremedous accuracy!

No comments: