Friday, May 29, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

I had the best Memorial day weekend! It started with a ball game for Curt on Saturday then Bill and I headed to Wal-mart to purchase flowers to plant around the yard and toys for summer time fun (basically some squirt guns and waterballoons). We also picked up some yummy food for cooking out.. the weather was perfect!

My niece Kristen and her boyfriend come over on Sunday and we had the best visit. She just graduated from Kent State and it was nice to catch up with what is going on in her life! We got out our HUGE water slide and the Sims water park was open! The kids had a ball! We ended the day with SMORES of course! Bill has this little fire pit he created in our back yard that is perfect for gathering the kids around and roasting those marshmallows. The kids were out til 9pm playing tag and making a ruckus! Just what Summer is all about!

Then on Monday I swore not to step foot in my van! I was not going anywhere! I spend all week taxiing everyone around and I needed a day off! We got the little girls bunkbeds set up in their room (which meant a lot of cleaning!), it was nice to cross that big job off my list! Then we spent the afternoon with my kids and Alex and her friends having a waterballoon fight! It was a lot of fun! Just what memorial day weekends should be like!








No comments: