Friday, October 17, 2008

Fall Fun & another bag done!

I have to admit fall is not my favorite time of the year! Yes, I love the colors and getting to wear my good ol' sweatshirts, but it also means winter is right around the corner! As time goes by we never seem to get all the "fall activities" done that we use to do. No time for apple picking, pumpkin patches, and our annual Halloween party. How sad! My poor little ones are getting jipped out of fall fun. Luckily a coworker of Bill's has some apple trees and gave us this large laundry basket full!




So we are pulling out the apple recipes. Curt has become "Curt the applesauce man". He is in charge of making applesauce! Got to love it! He is really getting into helping out in the kitchen - he will make a great husband one of these days. Of course to make our sauce all you do is feed the apples through the "apple peeler, corer, slicer" and then cook them for 5 hours in the crock pot with a little water and sugar. The first batch he made was with 12 apples and filled half the crock pot... to his surprise it only made enough for one serving each at dinner. So this time he filled our extra large crock pot using 20 apples and it made a nice batch. We served it over our ginger honey pork chops last night and it was soooo good! If anyone else has a QUICK and EASY apple recipe post it in the comments!




I do manage to do some fun things with Livy and Ria. I got a great idea for a fall game from Amy Anderson's great web site for preschool activities. A few minutes to cut felt into a scarecrow and to make a spinner and you have game that will keep them busy for at least a few minutes! Love it!



The day ended with me finishing up a bag! This is one of my favorites and definitely is popular with my daughters! Too cute and up for sale! I am hoping for a bag a day from now until next Saturday's show. I really do not think that will happen, but I can dream! I have some larger hobo bags to produce and some large weekender bags and those take me much longer to produce. I will be lucky to get two of them done by then. It is about time I teach Alex how to sew - she is just about 14 so does that count for child labor? Ha!

No comments: