Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Long Snowy Weekend

The kids can't seem to get enough of the snow! Curt buried Anna in it on Friday and they were trying to build a mound of snow to sled down (no hills close by). All weekend I wanted to take them sledding, but it never happened. Maybe later this week when it gets warmer. I am tempted to take them over to the high school for a mid day break from schooling, but I am sure authorities would show up and wonder why they are not in school!

The little ones have been waiting to build a snowman, but the snow is not cooperating!




This was a weekend to get some projects done around the house. Bill has been working hard to finish the basement, a project that we started before we moved into this house 3 1/2 years ago! I wish I had taken a before picture of our steps. They were just a plain junky wood with dry-wall walls. It was lit by a bathroom lighting fixture?! So he spent the weekend finishing the half wall, installing a shelf, laying the carpet on the stairs, putting up all the trim, and finally putting another coat of paint on. It looks great! Some finishing touches need to be done, but I love it, especially the mix of wood and white trim. I am still looking for a light to replace the bathroom fixture one - actually we just have a light bulb hanging there. Anyone got any ideas, it is an odd place for a light!




This is the next project - for me. The laundry room make over! With 7 people in this family there is a lot of stuff to be put in this little space! I have a plan that I have had hanging on the wall for over a year now, just have not gotten to it! Bill will be gone this weekend so I am hoping to clear it out and at least get it painted! Then it will be off to the stores to find the hooks, shoe racks, cork board, etc.. Stay tuned to see the finishing picture (it may not be until next year!).




No comments: