Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Loose ends!

My sister in law, Jennifer, ordered a bag for her granddaughter, Lilly. She said she is all about Princesses and wanted something girly. Well that was 2 months ago and I finally got it done. It is a nice big bag, especially for a 4 y.o., but she wanted it for a over night bag. Maria really liked it, especially the way it "sparkles." So this bag is off to the post office today and on it way to Lilly!





Got the hooks up in the laundry room - the black accessories really make the color pop! I love the look and it is just what I wanted! Of course I did this all when Bill was away. So when he got home and saw my paint job and how I hung the hooks I could tell he was not impressed. BUT he did not say anything except, "It looks great!" Later he asked me if I screwed the hooks into studs..."no" or if I used anchors for them..."no." I knew I should of done either of those two things, but I knew I would never find the anchors and the studs were too far apart for the hooks. So I just chanced it! I warned the kids not to hang on the hooks ... just their coats. Bill laughed at that and said he would be surprised if they lasted. Oh well. It is done! That is a pretty good example of how I do things.. just get it done. Next I need to find some sort of message board (I am thinking of making one out of fabric to bring some more color into the room) and of course I am still on the hunt for a shoe rack to hold at least 15 pairs of shoes!

1 comment:

Two Peas in a Pod Homegrown Designs said...

our art board in the kitchen is just a giant cork board covered in fabric. Very easy.