Monday, March 9, 2009

Lil Cupcake Party - part 1

Sorry for the long delay in my blogging! I was busy getting ready for Olivia's 6th birthday! I have thrown some pretty elaborate birthday parties in the past for my older 3, so I thought it time for Olivia to have her own special party! Over the next few days I will post highlights of her "lil' cupcake" party!

THE INVITES

I made these cute little invites using my scrapbook papers and my cricut machine! The inside read:
Our "little" cupcake is turning 6!
Olivia is excited to celebrate her day,
Won't you come for games and play?

The icing is on all the cupcakes,
And they are here for you to decorate!

Please join us for some birthday fun,
the party is March 7 and starts at 1!





THE
APRONS

If you are going to be working in the kitchen decorating cupcakes, then you need an apron! I custom made 8 little aprons for all the party guest. I added a pocket to hold a spoon and small dessert cookbook. Then I personalized them with their initial on the pocket! They turned out so adorable! They are reversible too! I think we will be seeing these aprons worn outside the kitchen!



































The six aprons that cordinated together! I think I may have to put these on etsy and see if I sell any!


We had one little boy coming to the party so we created this bbq apron for him! Actually this apron was made by my sister in law for Curt when he was much smaller! I just took off the pocket and added the initial! Nice and quick!








The guest modeling their aprons!
















2 comments:

Melissa Lester said...

Kris, this party turned out great, and those aprons are ADORABLE! What a fun day!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Adorable Aprons.....what an Awesome idea. My girls would love it if I did this kind of party for them. Lovely blog too...Stumbled on it while blog surfing. Prayed for your husband too!!!!