Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lil Cupcake Party part 2

Ok, I have no idea what happened to yesterday's blog... it really got butchered! It angers me that when I preview my post it looks great, but when you actually push the post button, something happens in cyber space and it gets all messed up. This blog is going to go through a major overhaul real soon... so stay tune!
Lil' Cupcake Party - part 2

The birthday girl modeling her new outfit that Nana and Grandpa sent from Florida!

The mantle decorated with streamers, tissue paper flowers and a birthday sign (made from my cricut too!).

The party table! Simple decorations but it looked so cute! The center pieces where tissue paper flowers that Anna had fun making. I use to make them as a kid and loved it as much as she did! You just fold two layers of tissue back in forth, like making a fan. Then twist a pipe cleaner around the center and gently pull apart the layers. I tried to keep the table clutter free, because when it was time to decorate the cupcakes it became full of candy!

I added die cut cupcakes to the pastel goodie bags (made from my cricut machine - I told Bill I would make it worth it's money! I use it more for things like this than for my scrapbooking!). The bags contain their aprons with cookbooks and wooden spoons, cupcake book markers, and a cupcake cup!
The centerpiece was simple tissue paper flowers! I use to love to make these when I was a kid, so I showed my ten year old, Anna, how to do and she loved making them too! You take two layers of tissue paper and fold them back and forth like making a fan. Then twist a pipe cleaner around the middle and gently pull apart the layers to create the flowers!

No comments: