Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I conquered the ZIPPER!


I am making a bag for my friend Trish's business and it requires a zipper. I have always heard horror stories on zippers so I have stayed away from them. Many people request them in their custom bags, but I did not feel talented enough to venture there. Well, I did it! I started with this little accessory bag and I will admit I had to rip a seam or two out until I got it right. But in the end it worked! Then I moved onto a exterior pocket zipper. I was amazed, it really did not take me all that long to do and I did not have to rip any seams out! It looks good! (Sorry the picture is not that good, I will post another one when the bag is done) Next, I have to put that same exterior pocket into the one I am making for Trish. Wish me luck!
Now comes the story of why I am making a bag for someone else's business. In another post I mentioned my good friend Trish who is creator of Two Peas In A Pod Homegrown Designs and my mentor. She has been designing bags for about 2 years now and is a very talented seamstress. Check out her website :http://twopeasinapoddesigns.shutterfly.com/ and see some of her work. Anyways, she sells some of her product at Canal Winchester's local coffee house, Harvest Moon and offered to sell my bags their as well. Basically her company now has a division called Livy Marie. On Monday I hung 12 bags at the shop and now I wait to see if they sell! In return for letting me do this, I agreed to make one of her customer's custom design bags. I feel honored that she thinks my sewing is good enough to do a bag with her name on it. However, there was the issue of the zipper, but now I think I can do it. I will try to get up to the coffee shop and snap a picture of all my bags on display. Until then, if you are in Canal please stop by the shop and see my display!

1 comment:

Two Peas in a Pod Homegrown Designs said...

Holy Moly! You DID IT!! See?! There is great fear in the unknown and my zipper defeats have been in things that are more complicated like zipper plackets...yuck! And then trying to sew those into the gussets...double yuck! Now, you can make little accessory bags to go with your purses - yea! They look GREAT! And thanks for the plug to my site.

You asked for healthy recipes...well, maybe not the most healthy but easy. I love this site: http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/shortcut-chicken-manicotti-108695.aspx?pf=true&e=email