Tuesday, November 18, 2008

In Memory of Mr. Vicchiarelli

Just a short blog today to honor the memory of my cousin's father-in-law. He was suffering from bladder cancer and after being treated for months, things were not looking good. He decided he did would beat the cancer before it beat him. Cancer is a terrible thing and some just cannot cope and put up the fight. More reason to find a CURE now! My cousin's family has been through so much with the passing of her mother-in-law right before Christmas last year. She too passed away from bladder cancer. I am watching their 3 kids for a few days and they seem to be doing ok, too busy playing with their cousins to mourn right now, but it will hit them soon. So if you could say a prayer for the whole Vicchiarelli family that God gives them strength to face the hard days ahead.

One of my memories of Mr. Vicchiarelli took place at my cousin's house during a cook out a few years ago. We were having a political discussion and I mentioned that I did not think a woman would make a good president. "They are too emotional." (thinking of myself once a month and how I can fly off the handle - not a presidential quality). He quickly put me in my place and let me know that he knew of a lot of women that he worked with in the past that could do the job. "If they can run a company they can run our country!" Of course he was right!

So may he rest in peace and no longer suffer!

No comments: