Saturday, November 15, 2008

New addition!

I am off to a holiday open house today at my friend Tonya's. She is having a few people set up their merchandise and invited over 100 people to come and do some early Christmas shopping! Hopefully this show goes better than the last, but I do not have my hopes up. Here is a new bag that I designed. It is very much like the small tote, but it is wider. In fact I had planned on making it even wider than it is (like a long clutch) but changed it at the last second. It is so cute in this Groovy fabric that I called it the Pixie! The inside is done in a olive green corduroy and is supper soft. It can be yours for $38! I also finished the bag I did my first zipper on. It is a small messenger bag done in that same green corduroy with a creme quilted material for the inside. It is a great sturdy bag and just the right size. It sells for $45. I quickly sewed up a few other things for the show as well. I love the daytimer purse done in the blue and kahki paisley. That is also my first wristlet complete with zipper! My girls love the headbands, so if I do not sell them they already have dibs on them!

Last night we watched our friend's kids overnight. Total we had 9 kids. Sounds like a lot but it is quite easy since they all get a long so well and just go off and play. I would recommend to everyone to find another family that you can swap babysitting with. Alex is old enough to babysit, but it is nice to be able to leave them with someone overnight and Bill and I get some peace and quite for a few hours in our own house. Speaking of kids, yesterday at lunch my children had a funny discussion on how many kids each of them were going to have when they grow up. Anna said she would like a lot, Olivia said two, Alex said she is going to adopt because she does not want to go through childbirth. To that comment Curt piped in "What's the big deal, you should want a lot of kids!" Just like his dad he was trying to lay a guilt trip on her! Bill laughed and then agreed with him. I said it was a typical male response to which Bill always replies, "I would have them if I could." NO HE WOULDN'T!!! He is a baby when it comes to pain! I told them I hope they all have a lot of kids so I can have a lot of grandbabies!

1 comment:

RooManda said...

Yay! I found your blog!
I LOVE your bags! I would like to talk to you about designing/ making/ helping me make some in the new year. I have a sewing machine, but I am scared of it! I love shopping for fabric that would make a nice bag but I'm to chicken to actually do it.
Keep up the amazing work and enjoy the holidays!

You can reach me by commenting on anything in my blog, I'll get an email about it!
~Amanda (your smiley cashier today at Bath and Body Works)